Folk Musician/ Storyteller | Recordings/Awards | Key Performances
Education/Certification | Memberships | Resume | Testimonials
Corinne Rockow — Resume
Corinne teaches at Northern Michigan University and for the Marquette Area Public Schools and at UW's School of the Arts in Rhinelander. She also teaches private music and Musikgarten classes, and is an Artist-in-Residence for the WolfTrap Institute in Washington D.C.
She toured for the MI Humanities Council's Summer Culture Tour with a lively program centered around the Sauna. All of this points to her philosophy about being a musician and storyteller: the word "troubadour" has a root that means "finder of treasure", and this is the essence of what Corinne strives to share as she travels from community to community.
Being able to share what she learns in her travels helps us all remember who we are, where we came from, and gives us all a sense of direction and hope for the future.
- Bachelor of Music/Music Therapy & Music Education, K-12 choral, UW-Eau Claire,'81.
- Music Therapy Intern, Central Wis. Center for the Developmentally Disabled, Madison, 1981.
- Music Therapy Consultant - River Valley & Richland School Districts 1982-'91, and with VSA ArtsWisconsin '88 - '98, also Private Consultant since '82.
- Music Specialist/Head Counselor, Lion's Camp, WI; Somerset Camp, Maine - all ages;1978-82.
- Elementary Music Teacher, Richland School District, WI, 1982-1986.
- Music Teacher & Community Chorus Director, K-8/adult, Powell Township, Big Bay, '92-'93.
- Curric. Development & Instruction for Creative Music & Mvt. Classes for Pre-School Children, since 1984+
- Instructor, UW-Milwaukee's Playshop, 1992, Stringalong,1993; ArtSplash ''94.
- Instructor, UW-Madison's Rhinelander School of the Arts since 1988+, (Teaching courses in using the expressive arts with children, private music lessons, choral & folk instrument ensembles.)
- Wolf Trap Institute Artist-in-Residence (Headstart/Early Childhood Education) since 1992+.
- VSA Arts WI/MI Artist-in-Residence with exceptional needs children, since 1988.
- Featured Artist - VSA Arts State Festivals, Milwaukee,1992; Antigo, WI, 1998, Rhinelander SOA 1990, and many summer folk music festivals.
- Presenter, Delta-Schoolcraft ISD summer Teacher Enrichment Workshops, '00,'01, & '04.
- Featured Artist for the Michigan Humanities Council's Summer Culture Tour '01 &'02.
- Co-Founder and Executive Director, MooseWood Nature Center, 1996 - 2000.
- Adjunct Instructor, Northern Michigan University, ED307: "Integrating the Arts into the Elementary Curriculum", since 1999 to present time.
- Co-Director, Superior Harmony, Central Upper Peninsula's Children's Chorus, '95-'01.
- Co-Director, Gitchee Gumee Guys, Area Boys Choir, 2007.
- Museum Education Coordinator, Marquette County History Museum, 1997-99.
- Private Instructor, Banjo, Guitar, Dulcimers, Piano, Voice, Flute, since 1979+.
- Presenter, MAEYC State Conference,1992, '98, U.P. Conference, 1993,'96, '02,'06,'07,
- Muskegon and Indian River Regional Conferences, 2006.
- Touring company and Homestage Company Cast Member, Wisconsin Heritage Ensemble and American Folklore Theatre of Door County, WI 1984-1996.
- Researcher, writer, arranger, and performer.
- Guest Musician for UW-Fond du Lac production of QUILTERS,1994 (Hammered Dulcimer, Banjo, &Flute)
- Member of music trio, Outskirts, since 1990; Banjo, Guitar, Flute, Vocals, Bohdran,--- CD released Jan. '95, entitled "When the Moon Smiles"; sang with Garrison Keillor, 1994; also, featured musician on other projects by regional musicians and poets (playing Banjo, Bowed Psaltery, Guitar, Dulcimers)
- Solo folk musician, songwriter and storyteller (full time) since 1985; (Banjo, Guitar, Dulcimers, Psalteries, Bones, Flutes, Accordions, Kantele, and Vocals)
- (Sampling:)•Emcee & Performer at Wausau Logjam and Shawano Old Time Music & Crafts Festival, WI
- Soloist with Appleton West High School Orchestra (Hammered Dulcimer, Banjo, Vocals)
- UP Children's Museum
- Fox Cities Children's Museum, WI
- Kalamazoo Children's Museum
- Young Authors & Kaleidoscope Programs, Marquette Co.
- Official Storywagon performer, Racine & Walworth Counties , WI.
- Second Sunday Dance Concerts, Crystal Falls, MI
- Hiawatha Music Festival, Marquette, MI
- Kids in the Crossroads/Rotunda Performer, Civic Center, Madison, WI
- WolfTrap Artist-in-Residence • Cooperative concerts with colleagues on Tomorrow River recording label since 1990 • 20 years performing at Camp Anokijig Science Camp, Wisc.
- Featured Performer, Chippewa County HeadStart Concert Series • Featured Performer, Port Oneida Schoolhouse Glen Arbor MI School Camp '95 & '02
- Hundreds of programs & workshops for schools and libraries, teachers, college students, Scouts, 4-H, parents, child care givers, and elderly care facilities in the Great Lakes Region (references available)
- Teaches ED307 Integrating Arts In Elementary Curriculum at Northern Michigan University. Watch this video clip
©2008 Corinne Rockow
— Web design: